Saturday, May 29, 2010

Day 2 - January 24th 2010

Our day started at about 8:30am. We are normally early risers like around 6:30-7am but we were tired from the traveling. We got ourselves ready, grab the backpack and a couple of granola bars, and we were on our way to the bus stop. We put on shorts and t-shirts today because the high was going to be 75 degrees. It was a great call too because we were comfortable all day. Again we only waited about 5 minutes for a bus. I love the buses at Caribbean Beach.

We were headed to Magic Kingdom and first on my list was to see the Dream Along with Mickey Show that was in front of the castle. While walking down Main Street we hit every photopass photographer. I told Kirk we should get a couple of good photos. I love photopass!






I love the DAWMS. I like to see the Mickey (who is my favorite) dressed up in different outfits. Also loved the princesses and princes dancing together. I think this show is great. Here are some photos:


















Once that show was over it was time for the Move It, Shake It parade. We stayed right where we were and watched that too. It’s an interactive parade that encourages everyone to get up and dance. They also grab kids to dance in the streets. Of course Mickey is in the parade but as a bonus so is Woody (my 2nd favorite character). Kirk and I had the song from this parade stuck in our heads for the whole trip.















Our next stop was to find Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen. They are the newest characters in the park so they were on our “must stalk” list. We found the gazebo where they were and the line was short, Kirk went to get us something to drink and when he got back it was our turn. The characters are always so nice and even though we did not have kids with us, they still made it magical for us.






After the photos and signatures we headed to Fantasyland and we got in line for the Snow White ride and Kirk spotted Peter Pan so we headed over towards It’s A Small World ride and there he was. I did not have his signature or photo so bonus! Then we headed back to the Snow White ride. It will be exciting to see how this ride will change when the refurbishment is complete.


When we disembarked from Snow White it was raining so we went back to where we had seen the Fairy Godmother and did the photo and signature thing. She told us when to catch the Stepmother and Stepsisters from Cinderella so we made a note so we could add them to our book. I am so excited to get new signatures from characters.


We walked over to the Mickey’s Philharmagic show and walked right in and got a seat – no wait again. This is one of the best shows at Disney World. Donald does a great job stealing the show. I would never miss this one – ever! Cinderella’s Carrousel was our next stop and we ended up riding in a bench because the horses were all full! Bummer

I did forget to mention lunch. We ate at Casey’s on Main Street. This is the first time we have ever ate here and it was great. Kirk had a hotdog meal with fries and I had the corn dog bites and fries. This was really great and I love the inside of this quick service.

Ok back to Fantasyland…Next up was Peter Pan’s Flight. I am still amazed by this ride every time I get on it. I love the way we jump into our Airship and get whisked above all the action. I think my favorite part is looking down over the city, such detail in this ride.

The last ride to complete was It’s A Small World. This is a CLASSIC and a must ride for us.

By the time we got off IASW we realized that we missed the 3pm parade and we had missed it the day before too but its ok we were coming back here another day too. We had done a lot so far today so it is ok. No worries!

Next up was Adventure Land. We noticed first that the Jungle Cruise had no wait at all. This ride has the dumbest jokes but again this a Classic. I remember reading that Walt loved this ride so I try to see past the puns and jokes. I did not get the greatest pics because of where I sat on the boat.








Next up Pirates of the Caribbean and this ride is AWESOME. Although this time, no Davy Jones mist and I love that part but I still love the way they added Captain Jack Sparrow around every corner and the last one looks so real. When we exited the ride we seen the live pirate show:






They were teaching kids to be pirates. The actor who played Jack did a great job.

We also went to the Tiki Room. This is another one of my fave shows. I have no clue way but I always love it. The music and the fact that every seat is a great one could be part of the magic. And we ran into Lilo & Stitch so it was time for signatures and photos!





It was now time for some shopping so we headed up to Main Street and walked through all the stores. Love these ears!


When we got to the Kodak building, we decided to have a seat in the theatre until dinner time. They were showing 3 Disney classic shorts, I watched and Kirk took a little nap until it was time to check in for dinner.

I thought we would try somewhere different for dinner so I booked the Plaza Restaurant. Neither of us has ever even seen the inside of this place so we were excited. Kirk & I love to try new things. The meal was great. Kirk had a burger and fries and I had a club with fries. It was really good.

We decided to head back to our home away from home and call it a day. We got on the bus to Caribbean Beach with one other couple. We chatted with them and it was such a relaxing ride. It was like having a private motor coach. We set out our clothes for the next day and got ready for bed. I fell asleep really quickly but Kirk stayed up to watch the football game. We were heading to Hollywood tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment