Thursday, May 27, 2010

Trip Report for January 2010

Here we go - this is my first trip report so hopefully it will be Magical!

This trip was to celebrate being alone. My husband and I have 5 boys. He has 3 and I have 2. They range in age from 13 to 7 and we do not get to spend much time alone. In August (2009), we took the boys to Disney and we spent most of the time apart. The husband would have 2 kids in one place, and I would have the reset somewhere else so we promised each other that we were coming back without kids.

A little bit about us:

My name is Jodi (34) and I am a Disney Junkie for sure. I dream in Disney all the time. I do all the Disney planning. I am currently laid off but attending college to finish my BA in Marketing. I have 2 boys and they live with us all the time. I also have a couple of horses and we have a dog - named Daisy!

Hubby is Kirk (36) and has became a Disney Junkie by association. He has become as bad as me. Kirk works some crazy hours at his job but loves it. He has 3 boys that come to our house almost every weekend.

Our DISNEY history
Jodi - First trip was in 2000 with my now ex husband - he has family that lives in the Orlando area so I could get him to Florida but he hated Disney. I did manage to get him to go back in 01, 02, 03 which my boys were born in 2000 and 2002. We always stayed with his family but at least I got to go to the World....Kirk and I were married in 2008 and we Honeymooned in Disney World, then in 2009 we took all the boys.

Kirk - First trip was our Honeymoon in 2008. We then brought his boys for their first trip in Aug of 2009. This is his 3rd trip.




When we left Disney World with all 5 of our boys in August. We started planning our ALONE trip right then. I knew Kirk and I would be going back in January. I had never been there in January but I had heard in crowds were low and the weather would be nice. So we decided on the dates of January 23rd thru February 1st. Now we live in Mid Michigan so any temp above 20 degrees would be nice so I was not concerned with the weather but I was looking for a good deal.

We had a rough time deciding on a resort. We knew we were going to stay on property but we also knew that we never spend time at the resort, we are park goers! When we took the kids, we stayed at Pop Century and we loved this resort so originally that is where I booked it for but, when the buy 4 get 3 free came out we changed to the CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT. This was the first time we had stayed here and I was excited. Thanks to the DIS boards I could see all the pictures of the resort and knew this was the place for us.

I started packing for this trip about a month before we left, Kirk thought I was crazy but I am a planner and I wanted to be sure I did not forget anything. I also counted down everyday.

** Just in case anyone was wondering, our children were fine with not going, Kirk's kids actually told us they really did not like Disney and my boys & Kirk and I are going back in September of this year so they were ok with it **

So - we had our flight booked with Airtran out of Flint to Orlando, staying at Caribbean Beach for 9 nights, 10 day park hopper passes, and daily ADR's were booked. I planned everyday. I am also a scrapbooker so I created a journal ahead of time with our schedule, budget, and journaling pages to carry so that I could write our trip report as we went.

We dropped my boys off at my mom's (which she lives on a farm so they loved it) along with our dog the night before we left. We said our goodbyes and back home to finish getting things ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment