Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 7 - January 29, 2010

I cannot believe that it is already day 7. Every trip goes by so fast. Our plans for this day had also changed because we had already covered so much the last time we went to Animal Kingdom. Our plan was this morning to do Rafiki’s Planet Watch and the Lion King show plus pick up a few characters along the way then off to Magic Kingdom. We were hopping this afternoon to see Kirk’s sister, brother-in-law, and niece who planned their vacation for the same time. We wanted to meet up with them at least once on this trip. We planned our trip to avoid extra magic hours and they planned their trip to go to the parks on the days that they had extra magic hours so it was making it tough to meet.

We made it to Animal Kingdom around 10am which is a little late for my liking but we are on vacation, right? We went right to Rafiki’s Planet Watch on the train. We did see some kangeroos & flamingos:





I really like the train ride because you ride facing sideways. I had not been back to Rafiki’s since 2000 so I was courious to see if it had changed and it was the same. We got back there and seen Jiminy Cricket and got a signature and photo.

We checked things out, rode the train back, and walked to camp Minnie Mickey to catch the Lion King show. We did see Thumper this time with Miss Bunny.


I watched a little boy with Thumper and Miss Bunny and it was so cute. He was making the Indian noise by hitting himself in the mouth and he thought it was so funny when Thumper and Miss Bunny would pretend to do it back to him. It was so adorable. It really made me miss my boys.

We had some time to kill so Kirk said he was going to get us something so he left me for a few minutes and then came back with a strawberry topped funnel cake. It was so great and we enjoyed sharing it.

We headed into the Lion King show and sat in the lion section. We had great seats. I have seen this show many times and I love it. It always gives me the chills. I skipped out on photos because I really wanted to just watch it without a camera.

Anyway we headed to Magic Kingdom and wondered back to Frontier land to eat at Paco’s Bill. We wanted taco salads. They were very good. They give you a shell & meat then you add all of your toppings. It hit the spot. Our next plan was to watch the parade. On our way out of frontier land we did a little shopping, I really wish they had more cowboy or western looking things. I am a cowgirl at heart. Then we went up to Main Street for a seat.

We had about a hour wait but that was fine with us. They did a small parade about Disney’s Give A Day Get A Disney Day. It encourages people to get out and volunteer. We are planning on volunteering so I thought this was really cute. Then came the parade – here are some pictures:











We called Kirk’s sister and they went cocoa beach for the day and they were heading to downtown Disney. To get to Downtown Disney from Magic Kingdom we were told to hop a resort bus and transfer so we picked the bus to Old Key West but little did we know that this would take forever. It was really cool to see the resort but we waited about 45 minutes for a bus to Downtown Disney.

The bus dropped us off at Market Place and we went into the T-shirt making store which is really cool but costly. Then we walked into the Art of Disney store and seen Kirk’s family. We decided to meet at Planet Hollywood at 7:30pm, because Kirk & I had some shopping to do and they were heading to have some drinks.

After spending too much money we headed towards, Planet Hollywood and as we made it out of the marketplace we seen a huge snake on the sidewalk. A few people were watching it and waiting to animal control to arrive. I wish I would have pulled out my camera but I was FREAKED out.

Planet Hollywood was crazy busy, we waited about an hour for a table but the food was good as always. The company we were with was awesome too. If you have never been to a PH, I highly suggest it. We celebrated Kirk’s nieces’ birthday. They brought out a cupcake and we all sang to her.


After a very fun evening we headed back to Caribbean Beach and crashed.

No comments:

Post a Comment