Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 5 - January 27th 2010

When I woke up this morning I felt great – very well rested. I was embarrassed about what had happened the night before. I want this trip to be perfect and no problems but I guess at least I am fine now so let’s have a great day. Kirk just kept saying that I should have went to the ER and how scared he was.

We are off Epcot today! We wanted to do Soarin’ first thing and since I know how fast this line fills up, we wanted to be there for park opening. We grabbed our granola bars and backpack and arrived at the opening.

When we walked through the gate we seen - Daisy


We went to Soarin’ first. This is one of Kirk and I’s favorite ride. It is an amazing ride. I think we waited about 5 minutes to board.

The Nemo ride was next on our list. This ride is a little cheesy without kids but I still think it is a must do. Plus when you get off the ride, you are that aquarium and I love to watch the fish. They were doing some dolphin training so we watched that for awhile. They were teaching the dolphin recognition skills, these animals are so smart. We skipped Turtle Talk with Crush since that is geared towards little kids and we have seen it a few times.

We strolled over to the Epcot Character Spot to get pics with the classics:

Donald




Goofy



Minnie



Mickey



Pluto



It was time to walk around the world now! We were on a mission to find some characters. First up was Mexico and Kirk wanted ride the Three Caberella’s ride since he had not seen that. He liked it but he loves Donald. We got our photo with Mexican Donald too:




Norway was the next stop and we rode Maelstrom. Then we continued around the countries but every character we had already seen so we just kept walking until we got to America. This was where we planned to have lunch.

We ate lunch – I do not remember the name of the place but it is a quick service place next to the American Adventure show. I had chicken nuggets and Kirk had a burger both with fries. It was very good. The American Drum & Fife band came into the restaurant playing.

After lunch we went to the American Adventure show. The singers in the lobby were amazing. The show was very cool too. I was not to take pictures but this is a must see. This was a first for both of us and we loved it.


Up next is France and we seen Beauty & the Beast. Kirk was so excited, this is one of his favorite movies. We already had beauty’s signature but she did sign for Beast and we got our photo with them.


We also saw Marie from Aristocrats:

U.K. was where we hit the mother load of characters. We got pictures and signatures with….
Suzy & Perla from Cinderella

Annie from Little Einstein’s

Rafiki from Lion King

Foulfellow and Gideon from Pinocchio



We were very successful with this hunt. Our next stop was Spaceship Earth. I had rode this about 8 years ago but it had underwent some changes since the last time I was on the trip. I really like this ride. I loved how interactive it is. At the end we were able to email our picture from the future to our family and friends. We played some games like car racing and shuffle board.

Test Track was up next. I love being a test dummy for GM. The walk-through to get on this ride is very fun to look at too but we had no wait so we did get to look much. We love the hairpin turns and the acceleration part. Our car got up to 63 miles per hour. Then it just comes to a stop. We were riding with these 2 kids that had ridden it about 5 times in a row – no wait.


Kirk & I decided we needed some down time so we grabbed a couple of Mickey ice cream bars and a bench and enjoyed Epcot. After we finished, we got our pic taken by a photopass photographer. I love the ball in the background.



We decided to head back to the hotel for a nap since we were planning to watch illuminations and did not want to be tired. I was actually very tired and I think it was from the Benadryl the night before. The nap felt amazing. We did not got up around 8pm and walked to Ole Port Royal to grab some dinner. We had chicken alfredo. It was ok but I think we are spoiled because we love Olive Garden’s alfredo and this did not meet that standard. We also got chocolate dipped rice krispie treats and those were very good.

Of course – we missed Illuminations tonight but that is fine we will catch it another night.

I have not mentioned how much I missed my boys but it was killing me by this day. I have never been away from them for more than 6 days and that was Kirk and I’s honeymoon a couple of years ago. I was rough to talk to them on the phone and not cry. I just kept telling myself that I was in Disney World.

Here are some photos of our hotel:
















No comments:

Post a Comment